Read about our ground-breaking new approach to maternity and paternity leave.
Do you love cycling and want to turn a hobby into a career? Are you passionate about the health and wellbeing of children and want to do your bit?
Maybe you’ve got decades of experience or simply enjoy a ride to the café and looking for a change in direction.
Qualifications or previous experience are not essential to be part of the Islabikes team, as much of our training is conducted in-house. However, if you do have relevant or transferable experience, make sure you tell us about it in your application.
We aim to give staff the most rounded view of the business possible. After you are fully trained there may be opportunities to gain skills and experience in another part of the business that you find interesting.
We welcome applications from enthusiastic people with an insatiable appetite to learn.
- Intelligent design
- Exceptional quality
- First class customer service
Islabikes has single-handedly redefined the notion of a child’s bicycle with a product unparalleled in its depth of design detail. We believe in striving for excellence and efficiency, not just in our products but in our workforce too and every member of our growing team is committed to delivering the best for our customers.
Learn more at our Story page.
What kind of person do we look for?
- Ability to multi-task, organise yourself and communicate effectively
- Enthusiasm for all things innovative in design and exceptional quality
- Customer focussed and able to put the customer at the centre of all actions
- Driven to achieve efficient working practices
- Interest in cycling and a passion to learn more
- Team player with the motivation to seek opportunities
- Attention to detail, delivering to a high standard
What can we offer you?
- We are a Living Wage employer and offer a basic starting rate of £9.30 per hour for unqualified team members
- Annual salary reviews that consider inflation, performance and personal contribution to the business
- 28 days’ paid annual leave (including bank holidays), plus the option of an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave
- Full-time, part-time and flexible working considered
- Salary sacrifice scheme for childcare payments
- Loan our children’s bikes for your dependents free-of-charge
- Emphasis on maintaining a good work/life balance
- If overtime is required, we pay you for every minute you work
- Clean working environment with Islabikes branded uniform provided free-of-charge
- Full in-house training provided with further full-funded training opportunities available
- Cycle to work scheme with the ability to earn up to £4 per day
- Loan one of our adult bikes free-of-charge
- Staff discount scheme for friends and family
- A positive, driven working environment with opportunities to build your skill set and knowledge and develop professionally
If you have any questions please feel free to call us on +44 (0)1584 700 551.