Rothan / Age 2+
Just wait for that magic "look, no feet!" moment as they glide along, balancing a bike for the first time. The Rothan is the perfect first step in your child's cycling life.
- Our balance bike weighs just 3.1kg for effortless scooting, manoeuvering and carrying
- Its micro-reach brake lever is easy for tiny hands to use
- 12 inch, fully pneumatic tyres roll with ease and give a comfortable "proper bike" feel
- Fits toddlers with a 30cm inside leg upwards, enabling children from approximately two years old to start scooting
Bike delivery time:
- For UK orders allow 7 working days.
- For European orders allow 15 working days.
Bike delivery charge:
- For UK orders delivery is free of charge.
For all non-UK orders delivery charge is dependant on region, please see full delivery information for details.
It’s amazing just how much easier it is for a child to learn to ride when they’re on the right bike. The lightweight Rothan weighs just 3.1kg allowing your child to easily manoeuvre and control the bike whilst fully focusing their efforts on learning to balance. Once confidence and balance have been mastered the transition to a bike with pedals couldn’t be easier.
Braking and control for little hands
The Rothan’s handlebars are narrow in width and diameter to ensure your child is always comfortably in control, whilst our durable, super-thin grips enable a secure grasp of the handlebars. The effective light-action brake is within easy reach and provides a safe introduction to the concept of braking.
Smooth rolling comfort
The Rothan may be a balance bike but it’s no toy. Having lightweight pneumatic tyres makes for a smoother, more enjoyable ride.
Confidence in the saddle
Our exclusive Rothan saddle is specifically shaped for scooting. The scooped profile and textured top keeps the rider centred as they start to find their balance point and provides a reassuring platform to push against as they gain in confidence.
Carefully prepared by us
Islabikes mechanics prepare every Rothan before dispatch and, following some minor assembly on arrival, your little one will be ready to go.
The Rothan comes with a set of hex keys for easy setup on arrival.